14.7.13

BUDAPEST RETRO- RETRO BUDAPEST

 


Lenin statue, May Day parade




This is just one of the photos I took in the 1980s and which is now on my new web page: Lenin still in situ on Dózsa György út near Heroes' Square before he was moved to the statue park.
 
It had long been my intention to have a website with information and pictures relating to communist Budapest in the 1980s and to illustrate the locations in my book, and now it has finally come into being.

Here you will find photos of well-known places as they were in the 70s and 80s together with a mine of information about life as it was then - the products we bought and used in our everyday lives, the music we listened to and photos of the communist parades (like the May Day parade).
 
If you have any observations or suggestions to make about my new website there is a contact form on the 'Visiting' page.

Thank you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment